THINC COLLEGE & CAREER ACADEMY
1. THINC College and Career Academy opened its doors for students in August 2015. In this innovative, nimble and hands-on learning environment, students from each of the three high schools participate in virtual learning and project-based assignments.
Located on the campus of West Georgia Technical College, students at THINC choose a career pathway that will move them closer to graduation. Some of those pathways are:
- Health Science
- Mechatronics / Manufacturing
- Energy Systems
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM)
- Marketing & Communications
You can visit the THINC website or download a brochure for more information. Below is a short video on THINC
A WORLD IN MOTION
2. A World in Motion (AWIM) is a partnership that began with a $900,000 Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Inc. donation to SAE Foundation. AWIM provides students the opportunity to learn STEM education in a hands-on and friendly competitive environment. Benchmarked to the national standards, AWIM incorporates laws of physics, motion, flight and electronics into age-appropriate activities that reinforce classroom STEM curriculum.
In 2015, a team of four students and two teachers from Ethel W. Kight Elementary traveled to Detroit, Michigan and placed 2nd in the country for Accuracy in the Jet Toy Challenge.
Here, Chris Ciuca, Director of Pre-Professional Programs for SAE Foundation, gives directions to Troup County students participating in the Jet Toy Challenge: