MORNING ANNOUNCEMENT SHEET
March 20, 2019
1. Pledge of Allegiance to the flag
2. Moment of silence.
3. We still have 30 yearbooks available for purchase. Get yours before they’re gone. First come, first serve. When they’re gone…they are gone. Don’t be left out on distribution day.
4. Attention 7th graders. We will have 16 spots available for the 2019 Georgia Studies Tour. Applications are available from Mrs. Whisby. See Mrs. Abbott in room 814 for details.
5. Our Pennies for Patients campaign will end this Friday. Please continue bringing in your donations.
6. Any student interested in applying for a Dernell Stenson Achievement Award with a focus on STEM should pick up a packet from your grade level counselor. An essay is required. The deadline for submission is Friday, March 29th .
7. 8 th graders interested in trying out for cheerleading at LHS are reminded that all forms are due to Mrs. Pike by Friday, 3/22. Also, if you are interested in trying out, but did not attend the informational meeting last week, please see Mrs. Pike for a packet. Please be sure to complete the online application portion as soon as possible.
8. Are you interested in singing at Gardner Newman? If your answer is yes, you are invited to sign up for chorus for next year. Sign-ups will be for 6th and 7th grade students and will take place in the chorus room during break on March 25th through March 29th. That’s right. During break, any day next week. Come see what being in chorus is all about. We hope to see you there.
9. All outward bound students please bring Coach Woody your application to the gym during break.
We are Respectful, Responsible and Ready to learn. We hope you have a great day!!