My name is Gina Bartlett and this is my 6th year teaching ESOL. Prior to teaching ESOL, I taught Middle School Science for 5 years. I am married and we have 2 boys. My family and I enjoy traveling to the beach and mountains and spending time with family. Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding your ESOL students.
ACCESS for ELs 2.0
Purpose and Use of ACCESS for ELLs 2.0
- Help students understand their current level of English language proficiency along the developmental continuum.
- Serve as one of multiple measures used to determine those students prepared to exit English language support programs.
- Provide teachers with information they can subsequently use to enhance instruction and learning in programs for their English language learners.
- Provide districts with information that will help them evaluate the effectiveness of their ESL/bilingual programs.
- Meet federal requirements, such as Annual Measureable Achievement Objectives 1 and 2, for the monitoring of ELLs' progress toward English language proficiency.
As with ACCESS for ELLs, the tasks on the new summative assessment will attempt to replicate the kinds of communicative situations (and the language needed to be processed or produced within them) that might be encountered in different school contexts. Each assessment item and task will target at least one of the five WIDA ELD Standards:
- Social and Instructional Language
- Language of Language Arts
- Language of Mathematics
- Language of Science
- Language of Social Studies
ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 will continue to assess each of the four language domains of Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing separately.
Spanish For Kids
The Metropolitan Center for Research on Equity and the Transformation of Schools
This websites has glossaries for many subject areas that
offer word translations in multiple languages for grades 3-5; 6-8 and high school.
Language, literacy and learning in the content areas
ELs andSocial Studies
Parent Tool Kit
English/Spanish (No Child Left Behind)
Consulado de Mexico en Atlanta
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
GoodCall Scholarship Search
Click here to visit our Troup County ESOL page, which provides more information!