• School Closings/Delays:

    Dear Troup County School System Community, 

    Governor Brian Kemp issued an Executive Order closing all schools through Friday, April 24th.  This is a two-week extension of our previously announced return date.  Therefore, our plan now will be to return to school on Monday, April 27th.


    As part of our support to students and families during this extended cancellation, TCSS will continue providing meal distribution services at the designated school locations and various bus stops throughout the county. Meal distribution services will occur as scheduled through April 3rd. The sites and locations can be found on troup.org.  We will send out more information regarding food services for the extended closure in the coming days.  


    Teachers continue providing student online learning resources. They are working remotely, and are available via email, to best support students and provide continuous learning opportunities. Please access the online resources at troup.org.  Many teachers are also utilizing their Google Classrooms to share learning resources as well.  We will provide more information regarding additional resources as it becomes available.  Please visit our Facebook page for daily tips and updates.


    We appreciate the support of the parents, all of our staff, and the entire community during this very unprecedented time. We will continue to keep you updated as information unfolds.

Close alert

Office of Student Assignment

100 North Davis Road

Building C

LaGrange, GA 30241


Office hours 7:30 am - 4:30 pm

Summer hours Monday -Thursday 7am - 5:30pm

Ransom 2

Shanitra Ransom, Coordinator

Dana Lawrance, Secretary 


The Office of Student Assignment works with families in Troup County to place students into a school from one of the three attendance zones: Callaway, LaGrange, and Troup.

Georgia Law and Troup County Board of Education policy requires that students attending Troup County Schools must live and reside in Troup County on a full time basis. Student assignment to schools is based on the legal residence of the parent or legal guardian.

You should come to the Office of Student Assignment to register:


  1. a student who has never attended Troup County Schools
  2. a student who has withdrawn from Troup County Schools and wishes to re-enter
  3. a student who has moved to a different attendance zone within the Troup County School System 


Applications are accepted daily during office hours. To save time, you may complete an online registration application prior to visiting our office. Kiosks are available in our office to complete the online application.

                                 Online registration link click here: https://campus.troup.org/campus/OLRLogin/troup


Required documents for registration of all Troup County Schools students include:

1. An Affidavit of Residency if the parent/guardian resides in the home of another person (document must be signed in the presence of a Notary); 

2. One item from the following list for address verification: 

a. property tax records which indicate the location of the residence; 
b. property deed, mortgage documents or a security deed which indicates the location of the residence; 
c. apartment or home lease or rent receipt indicating the current address; 
d. current utility bill for electricity or utility application for electricity showing the current address;                                                                                     e. current home telephone bill;

3. Parent (s) picture identification.

In addition, parents wishing to register their children should bring the required documents as indicated below:


Child's birth certificate

Georgia Immunization Form 3231

Georgia Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutrition Screening

Child's Social Security card (requested)

Note: Applications will be accepted ONLY if all required documents are provided.


New students and re-entries

Child's birth certificate

Georgia Immunization Form 3231

Georgia Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutrition Screening

Child's Social Security card (requested)


Street Listing PDF



Elementary School 

Elementary Records Request Form (New or Returning Students Only)

Social Security Waiver


Middle and High School

Social Security Waiver

Middle School/High School Records Request Form (New or Returning Students Only)