Skip To Main Content

Civil Rights Q&A


Policy for Handling Civil Rights Complaints


How can the complaint be filed?
The complaint can be made verbally or in written form.

What must the complaint be about?
USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Who can take the complaint?
The complaint can be made to any staff member of the Troup County School Nutrition Department or Chartwells.

How will the complaint be filed?
A prototype form will be used to complete required information.  The information must include the complainant’s contact information, the nature of the alleged incident, and any additional information that the complainant would like to include.

How long does someone have to file a complaint?
The complaint has to be filed 180 days from the date of the alleged incident

What happens once the complaint has been filed?
The form will be sent using one of the methods shown below:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Director, Office of Adjudication
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410

(202) 690-7442


Who will investigate the complaint and determine what will happen?
Complaint investigation and resolution will be determined by the USDA.

Where can I find the form?
The form can be found on the M drive or you may contact any member of the Central Office Staff to obtain a form.

What if I have additional questions?  
Contact the central office staff at 706-881-0818 if you need additional information.