Troup County is at the bend between metropolitan and suburban. Housing the cities of LaGrange, West Point and Hogansville, Troup County is just south of Atlanta and directly on the Georgia and Alabama line. With a population of over 70,000, we are conveniently located just minutes from the lake and only a few hours from the Florida panhandle beaches.
Are you considering moving or buying a home in Troup County but first you would like to know more about Troup County School System (TCSS), or are you a current Troup County resident and want to learn more about what TCSS offers? Look no further!
TCSS serves the citizens of LaGrange, West Point, and Hogansville.
There are three high schools, three middle schools, eleven elementary schools, one college and career academy, one alternative learning center, and one college and career center serving 12,200 students with 1,800 employees.
An after school program is open to all elementary students enrolled in the Troup County School System. For a nominal fee, students are supervised from the close of school until 6 p.m. During this time, students can complete homework, receive a snack and participate in planned activities.
Our Vision is to be a school system that is adaptable and flexible while creating innovative programming that will prepare our students to pursue their passions, and ultimately to prepare them for post-secondary education and careers.
The Troup County School System is committed to educating ALL students using creative and innovative strategies that provide 'A Place For Every Kid.'
In the Troup County School System, we have identified six core values that define what we want all students to experience. They are:
1. Focus on Student Success and Well-Being.
2. Ensure Equitable Opportunities for All.
3. Focus on Recruiting, Inducting, and Retaining Quality Staff.
4. Cultivate the Capacity of the School System to Function as a Flexible and Adaptable Organization.
5. Lead in the Cultivation of Relationships and Strategic Partnerships between the School System and Parents, and Among Agencies and Organizations which Provide Services to Children.